The REVIVAL Water Filter removes up to 99.99% of tap water contaminants. This includes fluoride, chlorine, pesticides, trace pharmaceuticals and other known menaces of municipal tap water. The straw's patented filtration technology meets and exceeds NSF Standards 42 and 53 for contaminant reduction. This means that it is certified to make water odorless and fresh-tasting, as well as remove a variety of health-related contaminants like VOCs and MTBEs. Better still, it does all this without removing health-essential minerals from the water.
Here is list of key contaminants that REVIVAL removes from tap water and what the EPA says about potential long-term health effects to you and your family.
- Fluoride: Longterm exposure to Fluoride can cause Fluorosis.
- Atrazine: Exposure to Atrazine can lead to cardiovascular damage or reproductive difficulties.
- Lead: Childhood exposure to lead can hinder physical development and cause learning disabilities.
- Chromium 6: The indigestion of Chromium-6 may be carcinogenic according to the EPA.
- Cadmium: Exposure to cadmium can cause liver damage.
- Chlorine: Chlorine combines with organic material in tap water to create harmful by-products like Trihalomethanes and Chloroform.
- Mercury: Mercury from agricultural and industrial runoff can cause kidney damage over time.
There is no true answer to this. It is much like asking "How long does a tank of gas last in your car?" It depends on the use amount of the filter and the type of water you are filtering. We usually see the filter changed based on the amount of water you think you drink. We do state that the filter will last up to 150 gallons or 6 months, whichever comes first.
Many of our customers become a REVIVAL Member and create a subscription plan based on their consumption rates and personalized water preferences. We offer a subscription of your choice at a rate of every 2,3,4,5 or 6 months, and this subscription can be changed or cancelled at any time. Not only do we make sure you are happy with your subscription but we also offer free shipping and 15% off your filters when you subscribe. No gimmicks. We want you to be happy with your clean water.
If you plan to store on of your filters it is best to keep it in the packaging and placed in a temperate and dark environment. It is best to keep it out of sunlight or exposed to extreme temperature changes.
The AquaGear filter works like a magnet to draw in and trap contaminants as they pass through the straw, leaving only clean, fresh water. Aquagear® water filters are made out of activated carbon and a unique formulation of ion exchange materials that provide the greatest contaminant reduction in the industry. All Aquagear water filters are made out of the following materials here in the USA:
- ACTIVATED COCONUT CARBON: Absorbant carbon derived from coconut shells that remove organic compounds and pollutants from water. As contaminated water passes through the Aquagear water filter, absorbant carbon media trap and neutralize waterborne pollutants. These toxins include disinfectants like chlorine, solvents, PCB’s, PBDE’s, and compounds that cause bad taste and odor.
- CRM ION EXCHANGE MEDIAS: A blend of proprietary media bonded in a chelative matrix to effectively remove heavy metals, industrial and agricultural pollutants, and trace pharmaceuticals. Using adsorption, absorption, chemical bonding, chelation, and depth filtration, Aquagear’s unique formulation of activated carbon and ion exchange materials turns ordinary tap water into great-tasting, filtered water.
Yes. All REVIVAL Water Filters are 100% recyclable. Thanks for asking!
The REVIVAL products, including both the Large and Mini Filtered Pitchers, are built in the USA using the best medical-grade, BPA-free plastic. All parts, including the filter, are 100% recyclable and toxic-free.
Yes. The individual pitchers have the ability to fit any of their respective filters.
Both the Large and the Mini Pitchers are not dishwater safe. We recommend washing them after removing the filter and with warm water and dish soap. Do not wash the filter itself. If you need to clean the filter, gently clean it with a damp cloth or paper towel.
Yes you can! We have a built a specific filter just for this situation. Our RURAL – ULTRA + Bacteria is perfect for filtering either water straight from your tap or another source of freshwater like rain, river, stream or hose water. Many of our customers who chose to use their pitchers in their RVs or who live near places where access to the outdoors chose the RURAL filter over the others to give them flexibility for their water source. Even families purchasing for loved ones (college kids) chose this filter option to ensure peace-of-mind for the water they're drinking.